Romka's Bits and Bites

complains, jokes, and recipes

On Luck and Pessimism

One friend suggested me this article related to luck and pessimism, which I'm mostly agree with.

I like the definition of luck given in the comments, "luck is when a preparation meets an opportunity"

Labels:

On 15/8/07 Anonymous Anonymous said:

Recently, I noticed that it is not Roman's traveller notes anymore, but machine man's thoughts!
Man, what happened to you?

 
On 16/8/07 Blogger romka said:

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis. Nothing special. I'm not travelling anymore - I'm stuck a bit :)

 
On 22/8/07 Anonymous Anonymous said:

Inner travels are not less important!

 
On 22/8/07 Blogger romka said:

Boh, home-faculty-home doesn't really count. Anyhow the blog's name now is Romka's extreme ways, which is more suitable. If you have a better version, let me know.

 
On 22/8/07 Anonymous Anonymous said:

Why are your ways extreme? In the sense of...? And I don't like the definition of luck. Luck cannot be prepared waiting for an opportunity. It's just given.

 
On 23/8/07 Blogger romka said:

First, I am a perfectionist. This makes an extremist two. Second, I do some extreme sports. And finally, there is a song of Moby with nice lyrics.
About the luck definition - it suits the Indian concept of laws of karma.

 

Add a Comment Add a Comment