Romka's Bits and Bites

complains, jokes, and recipes

About This Blog

Dear all,

I started this journal for those who wanted to hear about me more then "I am O.K." (anyway, I am always O.K.) I hate telling same stories many times to many people, so I promise to publish them here, ensured with some good photos.

P.S. Please, excuse my bad English. Why not in Russian or Latvian? I don't have a Russian keyboard, moreover, the keyboard is German! :) In fact, I am meeting more and more friends and English is the language everybody can understand.

P.P.S. I am continuously updating visual appearance and readability of this blog. I hope it is becoming better, but to make it sure I expect your feedback. Any comments and suggestions are more then welcome!

On 13/3/05 Anonymous Anonymous said:

привет, ну и местечко ты нашел :)
почему не жж?

 
On 13/3/05 Blogger romka said:

I tried LiveJournal, but I didn't like it much. They don't allow many customizations and don't offer nice templates. Here I can do almost everything with the template (if you don't like the outlook, comments are welcome). And, by the way, blogger is also popular blog host.

 
On 13/3/05 Anonymous Anonymous said:

Uf, but now it's difficult to track changes in your notes.
pity ;(

 
On 13/3/05 Anonymous Anonymous said:

btw, is it possible to create here 'friends view' as in lj? persuade me to join this portal ;)

 
On 14/3/05 Blogger romka said:

Unfortunately not, but it supports other things for tracking. Something like news in XML format or RSS. I didn't discover how it works yet.

 
On 23/12/06 Blogger romka said:

Finally RSS and Atom feeds are available:
http://romkas.blogspot.com/rss.xml
http://romkas.blogspot.com/atom.xml

 
On 13/3/07 Blogger jusT said:

Hello there from jusT, Lera's brother :)

It's ok with RSS on new entries.
But what if I want to track comments?
for example: I wrote comment and I want to track all replies in this thread. LiveJournal allow's to "subscribe" to comments, so system send all new comments to my email.

And one more "strange" thing:
Blogspot doesn't allow to use OpenID :(

 
On 4/4/07 Blogger romka said:

Thanks to the blogger team, now there are site feeds both for the posts and for the comments (just look at the left side under the calendar there should be the links)

 

Add a Comment Add a Comment