Romka's Bits and Bites

complains, jokes, and recipes

Pearl of Many Days Ago

"Romans, you are such a good guy!" I can be even better, but from it I get nothing but troubles.

Labels:

On 7/11/07 Blogger b-dashke said:

Is it you or just an evil Romans? Maybe the troubles are the part of you? If it's so, you cannot escape from it, so just take it as it is..

p.s. It's snowing in Vilnius..

 
On 7/11/07 Blogger romka said:

It is nice to hear from you, although your first question is worrying me. I still hope I don't have a double personality or it is not so obvious.
Regarding the other part, one friend recently taught me a prayer:
"Give me the strength to change the things that I can, give me the patience to bear the things I cannot change and give me the wisdom to distinguish the two."

 
On 8/11/07 Anonymous Anonymous said:

be careful aboot who says "good guy", because in Italy they sometimes mean sth else.
Being good is most healthy when it does not require a lot of effort and consequently emotional or material investment. Otherwise there appears an imbalance of goodness, and you are doomed not to get the goodness back. And then the troubles come.

Accepting troubles as part of the personality I think is a brilliant idea. It should really help.
I think it obeys the principle that holds if you accept let's say your own stupidity (very difficult in the beginning, believe me, but worth doing it, in case it appears so) or any other things that cannot be changed.

 

Add a Comment Add a Comment