Romka's Bits and Bites

complains, jokes, and recipes

Computers vs. Nerves

Computers are one of the greatest inventions of humanity and they really help us to manage the amount of information in the modern society. Sometimes they also manage to be the greatest source of irritation. Even though I am a computer scientist and supposed to coop with them well, I lose my nerve quit often. Particularly when they:

  • don't send e-mails exactly when I need to send them
  • don't print when I need to print or print it wrongly
  • loose my bookmarks, contacts or other important information
  • don't read my CDs, DVDs or memory sticks
  • spoil my CD-R or DVD-R because of an error while recording
  • (to be continued ...)

Labels: ,

On 24/10/07 Blogger vienuolika said:

you forgot the spam filter of the university that sorts all gmail stuff away! (at least its driving me up the wall!! :X)

 
On 26/10/07 Anonymous Anonymous said:

I must admit I do not understand complaints aboot such things like computers. Usually if you do not like sth, you change it to sth else. E.g. malfunctioning mouse, buy another mouse. Some app is bugy, you install another. Sth is not working, you configure and it works.
I think you should focus more on the results. E. g. you need to send e-mail, can you do it with your OS, your chosen mail client? If answer is no, do sth aboot it and send the damned email out.
Focusing on the process of getting annoyed takes your peace away, destroys your nerve cells and makes you older. Maybe it should be written in the chapter "Side effects" of your computer manual (kinda do not microwave the cat chapter)
Finally, if you still do not like computers as objects, throw yours away or create another. But do not complain.

 
On 27/10/07 Blogger romka said:

Oh, Guoda, it looks like you have solutions for everything! I wish I were you, but I cannot change it :(

 
On 30/10/07 Anonymous Anonymous said:

well indeed you better not wish it. nd I haven't got solutions to everything. To have solutions to everything you must be sure of what that everything is.

Also, it would be interesting for me if a conclusion that I do not have a solution to sth is logically a solution or close to a solution. Kind of knowing what one does not know?
Because if you define what is not knowing and I would suggest it is when you do not now anything about something, including that you do not know the fact that you do not know anything about it, it is easier to state, that knowing that you do not know something, involves you in the process of knowing.

This way, if you come to conclusion you do not have a solution, could be a solution. Or no?

 
On 3/11/07 Blogger teac- said:

guoda, it's a high time to say NO TO DRUGS! we'll support you

 

Add a Comment Add a Comment