Romka's Bits and Bites

complains, jokes, and recipes

Got Pink?

Have you ever found you clothes in shades of pink after washing? I am trying to be very careful and wash always my white clothes separately. Unfortunately, last Friday I washed most of my white things with a red napkin hidden in a pocket of my shorts.

The first reaction was, of course, panic and despair. Then I tried to put them overnight into "Vanish", containing hydrogen peroxide, I guess. No results. Then I left it for a day in a bleach for wool, silk, and cotton. I guess it did not contain any chlorine. So, no difference. Then I asked internet, and it appeared that there are several products designed exactly for this cases. The one I could get in Italy is called "Remedia" and it contains sodium carbonate and sodium ditionite. It comes in two packages solvable in 8-10 liters of water. I emptied one package into 15-20 liters of water (yes, I spoiled a lot of clothes) and left overnight. In the morning I found everything almost white, so I used the second package and left the washes for some more hours.

As a summary, this thing cost me just around 2 euros and saved my 6 T-shirts, 1 pair of shorts, 3 pairs of socks, and a bar of underwear. I made a promise if it worked I would made an advertisement for it. So it here is. In addition, they write it is also applicable to non-white clothes. I did not try!

Labels:

On 8/12/09 Blogger b-dashke said:

why is it so? There is always a red sock hidden in the pocket! Do they have an attitude to hide in the pockets, or what? Actually I've never went pink, nevertheless I've heard many stories which start like your one ;)

 
On 9/12/09 Anonymous Anonymous said:

that is funny, I want to know who takes the match to all the socks? who eats them, who sales them for money, or better yet who wants them they are stinky socks!!! ha, ha,
http://www.wheelsonthebusgoroundandround.com

 
On 9/12/09 Blogger Žāūčō said:

WIN!

 
On 15/12/09 Anonymous Anonymous said:

well, that is funny. it is the first post of you that is funny! :D

 
On 22/12/09 Blogger romka said:

Well, it wasn't supposed to be funny, but thanks for commenting anyway.

 
On 8/1/10 Blogger Unknown said:

nice postings....

 

Add a Comment Add a Comment