Romka's Bits and Bites

complains, jokes, and recipes

Return to Nature

After I finish PhD I should plant and take care of at least 100 trees to compensate the amount of wasted paper.

Labels:

On 29/8/09 Blogger jugogugo said:

definitely man! why wait for the end of your phd?

 
On 31/8/09 Blogger b-dashke said:

good wish, good luck ;)

 
On 1/9/09 Blogger guoda said:

Interesting. Do you maybe have some links about how to calculate it?

 
On 2/9/09 Blogger romka said:

Good comment, Guoda. These 100 trees was a wild guess. I found that from a good big tree one can get from 8000 till 11000 of A4 sheets. If during 5 years of my PhD me and all my supervisors print my paper of 12 pages on both sides twice a week we get 9360 pages. So this means I have to grow just one big tree or 2, to be sure.

 
On 14/9/09 Blogger vienuolika said:

what about all the papers you had to print and read in order to prepare your own work?

 
On 15/9/09 Blogger romka said:

I counted them in and they are not so many - just two big folders. I am mostly reading wikipedia, mathworld, and the books from the library.

 
On 17/9/09 Blogger Fess said:

Once you've planted a tree, it's time to level up - start building a house!:-)

 
On 22/9/09 Blogger romka said:

Two jokes about that (in Russian, unfortunately untranslatable):

"Настоящий мужчина в жизни должен сделать три вещи: посадить печень, построить тёщу и вырастить живот."

"Настоящий кавказец в жизни должен сделать три вещи: посадить дерево, построить дом и вырастить сына, и всё это в Москве."

 
On 26/4/10 Anonymous Anonymous said:

U didn't consider that the "wasted" paper is actually reused.

 

Add a Comment Add a Comment